Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Yes, I'm a sports writer. I sit in the press box at games and stand around in steamy, hot locker rooms afterward trying to coax an intelligent quote out of someone who can't say two words without swearing, shrugging or stammering. I like what I do. The hours suck, the pay ain't what you think it is, and the deadlines are tighter than Tom DeLay at a Planned Parenthood fundraiser. But, God help me, I love it. Newspaper ink doesn't just rub off on your hands. It gets in your blood.

But if you're reading this hoping for more sports writing, click on to the next site. Oh sure, I'll occasionally muse on about sports. More often, however, this site will be reserved for other thoughts. Thoughts directed toward my friends, toward my other interests and my other pursuits.

You'll find occasional posts about writing and journalists. More often than not I'll write about books, television and movies -- all aspects of media. I'll write about divorce and other comedies. About friends and finding gray hair. About dogs and why they're such good companions. You'll find my thoughts about Maui -- where I lived for almost two years and still think about daily -- and other places I love and have visited. You'll find talks about food -- one of my passions -- and about how sensual the kitchen can be.

You're welcome to respond, or to drop me a line.

More soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home