Thursday, January 09, 2003

I rise. I applaud. I cheer enthusiastically.

Why?

Because Sports Night lives on.

I loved Sports Night. I thought it was the best-written, best paced half-hour on television. It still is, if you stay up late and catch the once-in-a-while reruns on Comedy Central. If it weren't for the fact that I think The West Wing is the best hour of television, I'd never forgive it for causing the death of Sports Night.

I cheer now because the Ghost of Sports Night has taken up residence on other prime time television programs. Never mind that Janelle Maloney has been on West Wing from the beginning (she played the asssitant dresser in a very good episode of SN). Jeremy is now a regular on WW as Will Bailey. Last night Natalie took up residence on Ed as a lawyer. I guess there's life after being an associate producer for a sports news program after all.

Dana made an appearance on West Wing a few seasons ago as a high-powered something-or-other. I guess she survived that episode with her brother and steriods. And Sam moved from being a high-powered consultant at CSC to selling door-to-door. Well, I guess we all can't land on our feet.

We know that Casey went into the family funeral business after Sports Night got the axe -- threw itself on the axe to be accurate.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Dan. He's the only one who has yet to land on his feet, it would seem. I know he will. He just has all that baggage of his brother to sort through with that shrink who now works with the cops on John Doe -- the one who used to work at Chicago Hope.

Good thing I got that Sports Night boxed set for Christmas.

More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home